Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
60s couple near Tomahawk W. are new owners of a 2021 YXZ SS, have had UTVs for many years (All Polaris) Sold 2018 General, 2- RS1s which we still have, sold 2020 Pro XP Ultimate. Been thinking of a YXZ as they have a rear Radiator like the RS1s we have, the Pro XP we had would roast you from heat, insulated everything but still hot.
The YXZ we bought has 1250 miles, 57hrs and came with many thousands in add ons, I changed engine oil and filter and it took 3.4qts to fill, 3 qts and nothing on stick even when threading in all the way in
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Sky
Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Changed Trans oil and checked screen and it had nothing on it 馃榾
Wife loves it!

Registered
I live by Janesville and have a 2020 that I got new in 20. We have put about 1800 miles on it since then. Not sure if someone told you but you must make sure that the engine is up to temperature when you check the engine oil. That was one of the things that the dealer made sure of how it should be done. I was instructed that let the machine idle until the cooling fans cycle a few times then shut it down and then check the oil. If you don't you will end up over servicing the oil. I think that this is because its a dry sump engine.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After putting in 3 qts I ran engine till 150ish degrees and checked it then and even after threading stick all the way in it was not on stick. I will go and run it to full temp a few times and recheck, I can always pull some out with my vacuum oil pump, Thanks for the advise!

Registered
The spare tire will actually help with the ride because of the geometry of the rear suspension. With that weight hanging from the back of it will help with the bucking that YXZ鈥檚 have an issue with. I just had that discussion with a good friend and longtime owner of a Yamaha dealer in the Black Hill who is giving me some pointer on suspension setups. He said that it is one thing that will help with taking out the chop on washboard trails or another option is to just go very fast and float over the chop. I am looking to get one for mine along with a spare tire. But if you are thinking of getting rid of it let me know I am in the market for one.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That makes sense, with it being late in year we haven't ridden it much offroad so we will wait till spring before we decide for sure, thinking of a spring kit to help also

Registered
馃榿馃馃徏 go very fast over the chop 馃槈馃馃徏 you'll get used to it 馃榿
Good looking ride. The oil is very light on color maybe hard to tell? Also, let it warm up maybe 5 minutes or so, then drive it for 2 and then check it again.

The Yamalube thickens up as it is ran. Usually 3.5 for me.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have maybe 25-30 min on oil, still right on the full line when stick is just sitting on threads, I have to hold stick at a angle to see level and then it is easy to see.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We had just bought this YXZ late in the year and haven't trail ridden with it yet, but on road its great as we also have a tinted rear window. I am nervous about the dust on trails when we ride with it next summer, it might be a PIA if we can't see because dust or mud.

Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
I just got back from the desert after installing a fresh air pumper with a new bell fresh air helmet. We riding in a large group and the dust was terrible. The new fresh air equipment was amazing. I rode all day in fresh clean air. It wasn't cheap, but worth every penny.

Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
I agree completely.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts