Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
I live by Janesville and have a 2020 that I got new in 20. We have put about 1800 miles on it since then. Not sure if someone told you but you must make sure that the engine is up to temperature when you check the engine oil. That was one of the things that the dealer made sure of how it should be done. I was instructed that let the machine idle until the cooling fans cycle a few times then shut it down and then check the oil. If you don't you will end up over servicing the oil. I think that this is because its a dry sump engine.

· Registered
73 Posts
The spare tire will actually help with the ride because of the geometry of the rear suspension. With that weight hanging from the back of it will help with the bucking that YXZ’s have an issue with. I just had that discussion with a good friend and longtime owner of a Yamaha dealer in the Black Hill who is giving me some pointer on suspension setups. He said that it is one thing that will help with taking out the chop on washboard trails or another option is to just go very fast and float over the chop. I am looking to get one for mine along with a spare tire. But if you are thinking of getting rid of it let me know I am in the market for one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts