Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
60s couple near Tomahawk W. are new owners of a 2021 YXZ SS, have had UTVs for many years (All Polaris) Sold 2018 General, 2- RS1s which we still have, sold 2020 Pro XP Ultimate. Been thinking of a YXZ as they have a rear Radiator like the RS1s we have, the Pro XP we had would roast you from heat, insulated everything but still hot.
The YXZ we bought has 1250 miles, 57hrs and came with many thousands in add ons, I changed engine oil and filter and it took 3.4qts to fill, 3 qts and nothing on stick even when threading in all the way in
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Sky
Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Changed Trans oil and checked screen and it had nothing on it 馃榾
Wife loves it!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After putting in 3 qts I ran engine till 150ish degrees and checked it then and even after threading stick all the way in it was not on stick. I will go and run it to full temp a few times and recheck, I can always pull some out with my vacuum oil pump, Thanks for the advise!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That makes sense, with it being late in year we haven't ridden it much offroad so we will wait till spring before we decide for sure, thinking of a spring kit to help also

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have maybe 25-30 min on oil, still right on the full line when stick is just sitting on threads, I have to hold stick at a angle to see level and then it is easy to see.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We had just bought this YXZ late in the year and haven't trail ridden with it yet, but on road its great as we also have a tinted rear window. I am nervous about the dust on trails when we ride with it next summer, it might be a PIA if we can't see because dust or mud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts