·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
916 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
67 Posts
Previos side by side experience? SS or 3 pedal version you are looking for?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I mean it is fun to dump the clutch, I love the 3 pedal, but I have the Rmax for just plunking around as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
@Culli292 It's really about personal preference and how you like to drive. I'm just emulating the hours I've spent on here reading posts. Some people really like the 3-pedal and others really like the SS. I have looked at both and personally enjoy the SS.

That is where most people will lean towards...that it's up to you and your style of driving, etc.

I learned how to drive a car in a `69 Bug many moons ago and personally love driving a stick. But after sitting in stop and go traffic for yrs. in CA I was happy to have an automatic.

One last thing that I read a lot about on here is the year you're looking at matters too. If you're looking at a 2016-2018 then most people will lean towards waiting till you can secure a 2019+ because of all the stock upgrades that 2019+'s got. Which is what I did too.

But others will say it again it's a personal preference and how much $ you're willing to spend.

Not sure if any of that advice helps, but I do really appreciate having a place I can come ask questions that I would honestly have no where else to ask.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I forgot that it had that feature! Thank you for reminding me!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I personally like the 3 pedal as they seem to have less issues and my opinion is only based off of 2 YXZ mine and my friends YXZ. Another person I ride with has a 2017 SS and has had issues with the actuators. Now don't get me wrong its not like the SS breaks down often its just more things could go wrong. less electronics on the 3 pedal. Couple of things I would recommend if your getting the 3 pedal YXZ is Rekluse clutch helps a lot in the tight slow riding areas and if you can get a 2019 and newer they are better with all the updates. Mine has 11000km on it and I put 7000km's on the clutch I installed when I purchased and it is still going. The burning clutch issue on these things are based on people purchasing them with out the know how to drive standard and when you are driving standard in a rocky or muddy trail it is much harder. All I can say is I have not burnt a clutch and the YXZ has been great. Get in, fire it up and go. Very little maintenance required.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts