Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the news of the YXZ I've been very interested. Spent the last four days at LS and was able to find 3 YXZ and one guy was nice enough to let me ride with him. They all had less than 100 miles and except for paddles they appeared stock. The owners reported no problems. I was quite impressed with the look, quality fit and finish of the machine. I was concerned about comfort as I am 6-2 250, and coming from a Wildcat I know without the pro armor doors it was kinda cramped. Although I just sat behind the wheel I felt like it was roomy enough and comfortable. We talked about the clutch issues and the one clutch peddle I pushed I noticed there is not a lot of travel to the peddle. The seats are awesome and the material is kinda tacky( as in didn't slide around).

Out in the sand I noticed the machine really didn't come alive before 6-7k rpm, then it felt like a beast. The exhaust note is a little lacking, but that's just me. Anyway, above 6k it would pull hard, seemed to just feel smoother in that power band and from my observations just really responded to all the input the driver was giving it and liked it. Kinda hard to really comment on the suspension as a passenger, and not knowing how it was set up. But it felt pretty comparable to my wildcat. The front sway bar is pretty tiny compared to the rear, I'm not an expert, but I thought it would be beefier. I will say this, my 13 Wildcat and last month I was here with a friends 2014 RzR 1000, and both are rattle traps, squeaks, clunks, etc. The Yamaha had none of these issues that I always thought was ridiculous for the money paid for these things. With the quiet exhaust of the Yamaha I was impressed with this aspect and hope they stay that way.

Anyway, I thought I'd throw my 02 cents out there.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Welcome to the forum, pilot!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome to the forum ez71pilot. I live in OKC and I plan to visit LS as much as I can once my blue/white one arrives, thanks for the review.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts