Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
You don't have to do anything to a YXZ to ride the trails you asked about. It will do perfectly fine, mine does and even more types of terrain. No Belt Check Stops, Changes or cleaning fibers out of the CVT just refill the gas and go.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I live in Mesa and ride in Tonto a lot. I have a stock geared 2016 yxz. I haven’t found 1st gear to be an issue at all yet. Just pick the line a commit and keep the revs up. If I ever burn up the clutch I would probably skip the re-gear and just throw a Barnett clutch at it. It’s been very capable so far and I love banging through gears like I’m in the Baja 500 living on the outer edges of my abilities.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I’m 6’4”, made some homemade pads for console and door to cushion knees but never been an issue. Everyone who has driven my machine loves the ergonomics

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm in Chandler AZ have a 19 yxz SS SE (paddle/sport shift) and have done all kinds of riding, Hell's gate in white mountains has a powerline that you can hardly walk up/down some of the hills strewn with large boulders, did just as well as friends PoPo, with just a little more effort (and a lot more fun). Same for trail to coke ovens hugely rutted rock base wheels fall into, have to go slow does fine, but yes, just a touch more effort and forethought than 'belted crawlers'. Driven plenty of 3 peddles and honestly wouldn't trade the SS for one now, also 16 - 18 gearing I would not like so much. Never feel 'tippy or unstable' like all other SxS, but lacks a little plushness (even with carefully tuned Fox X2's). Cabin was biggest in industry prior to Wildcat XX, Kawi KRX, and maybe new PoPo XP Pro, nice cabin. Do I wish it had one gear lower or that first was 10 - 15% lower, yes, but totally manageable and tons of fun!

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you like slow big rocky up hill its not the best. Key word slow, I have a 17 SS I drive it very hard balls to the wall 90% of the time I ride fast trails desert like trails I go up huge hills all the time you just really have to drive this thing and you will absolutely love it
so we have a 2021 SS ordered and the type of driving you described is what i am into, what kind of mileage do you average on a tank of fuel if I may ask?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts