Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After watching the race video that was posted by Sparky and others, I hope the next car that Yamaha puts out is this same car with a Hi Lo selector switch. At first I thought I wanted lower first and second gears for trail riding, but after watching this video, I feel I need a selector Hi or Lo switch, so I can still have the best of both worlds. High would be racing and Low for trail riding. Hell I have a Maverick and if Yamaha did this, it would kill Can Am and Polaris and they would own the market share.. Watch the video again and think about this opinion. Watching the YXZ video racing reminded me so much of my early days on a 125 YZ.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I think once more people that trail a lot install the rekluse, they will find that it performs a lot better than expected. First gear is not tall as much as it just doesn't idle at a slow speed. For mud and stuff, you can get wheel speed when you need it. It just doesn't like putting around as much. If you are aggressive in the mud I bet you will have a hard time stopping it. That is what is so nice about having such nice suspension, ruts and bumps just look tiny now bc you hardly feel them :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts