Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Video my buddy shot following me over the weekend.

Nice video Marc! Do you live in OK? How does your buddy like his Mav turbo? They have $2500 in rebates on those right now!
I live in north Texas, we get up to LS a few times a year. Oh, I guess he's okay with the Mav, probably be happier if it would not have a major issues every dune trip though.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool video. Looks like a fun place to rip around. How big is the riding area?
It's not big, probably not more that 2000 acres. It's really only a 2 day trip for me before I'm ready to leave. It is fun but can get repetitive. We usually do the dunes in the day and the trails at night.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
It's not big, probably not more that 2000 acres. It's really only a 2 day trip for me before I'm ready to leave. It is fun but can get repetitive. We usually do the dunes in the day and the trails at night.
We have Silver Lake in Michigan. It's only 500 Acres but it's still a blast.

·
Registered
75 Posts
We have Silver Lake in Michigan. It's only 500 Acres but it's still a blast.
I live in Ohio and I have been to both Silver Lake and LS. In the last couple of years I have been making the drive (about 17 Hours) to LS. LS is definitely way bigger than silver lake. For me Silver lake is a 2 - 3 day trip. It is a ton of fun for that type of time period. For LS I spend a week, considering the drive I have to spend that much time to make it worth it. The big difference between LS and Silver Lake is LS is a free for all. Go anywhere - any direction. At Silver Lake you are limited to one way traffic through the large dune section.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Little Sahara is no Glamis which I haven't had the pleasure of visiting yet but it gets pretty packed on busy weekends like for the Rattlesnake festival. It brings people from all the surrounding states so I'm sure it gives the little town of Waynoka a nice boost to it's economy.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If someone would drop a McDonald's in Wynoka they could retire, that town needs more than a Mexican food restaurant and a crappy diner.

·
Registered
171 Posts
If someone would drop a McDonald's in Wynoka they could retire, that town needs more than a Mexican food restaurant and a crappy diner.
Very true I haven't been out there in 10+ years but that will change when I get my YXZ. I've heard they've expanded the parking lot areas and campgrounds though so at least Ok parks and rec are putting some money back into the park.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very true I haven't been out there in 10+ years but that will change when I get my YXZ. I've heard they've expanded the parking lot areas and campgrounds though so at least Ok parks and rec are putting some money back into the park.
Golden Sands is an awesome campground. If we can go to Kermit Sandhills in November we'll be back at LS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts