Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone tell me the exact upgrades on the SE to the base model, other than the color?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
It has electric power steering . I guess you could unplug it , but why?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Paint, beadlocks, and seat color. I assume it's like the yfz450 where each year they have a different paint scheme for the le. But on the 450 it's only a couple hundred more than base. Also the 450 le usually has a painted frame IRRC

·
Registered
67 Posts
Paint, beadlocks, and seat color. I assume it's like the yfz450 where each year they have a different paint scheme for the le. But on the 450 it's only a couple hundred more than base. Also the 450 le usually has a painted frame IRRC

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I also heard somewhere there was only 500 yellow ones being produced.

My dealer said when he went to order another one to replace the one I am waiting on, yellow was no longer a choice.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've never wanted or needed power steering.Just didn't know if you could save a few bucks or not
Have you ever ridden a sxs? You want power steering. Non power steering isn't an option for the yxz. And honestly, this isn't really the "save a buck" type machine.....that would be the wolverine for yamaha or the 570 from poo poo.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My RZR 900 has power steering. I've never driven a SxS without it, but there are times when I'd like to turn the intensity down. Driving without p/s you would 'feel' the trail a lot better, and might be less likely to over correct in some turns. There are a lot of guys who buy the white-lightning RZR because they flat don't want power steering.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you don't want power steering, you ain't getting a YXZ. They ALL have power steering.

Unless for some silly reason you were to take it off at home, but that's just nonsense.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
The biggest advsntage (and reason) for Power steering is not the ease of steering. It is to keep the wheel from back spinning on you and braking a wrist or fingers!

·
Registered
404 Posts
This thing turns like a dream in the garage with the key out of the ignition. I CAN NOT say the same thing about my wildcat - which takes two hands to even budge. On the trail, when my power steering sometimes cuts out (it's a Wildcat thing), it takes a metric F ton to get it to turn even in motion.

I don't know what Yamaha did different with this steering but ho lee crap it turns like butter.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts