Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 yxz that I just put the 2019 gear in 300 miles ago. I was riding and went to back up and it was stuck in neutral and threw a sh_15 code. Now it won’t go into gear at all and dies when I try to put it in gear. I pulled all connectors and it didn’t fix anything. Any ideas on the problem? I’m lost. Shift linkage is good and tight.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Is your tach reading.

Probably not your issue but my POS Yamaha Magellan Adventure Pro cradle was shorting tach signal and car would not do anything. 2 days of tearing the entire vehicle apart and every component and connector studied and tested if possible.

Day 3 first thing disconnect that Yamaha AP POS and sure enough it was the entire problem. Talked about so happy and yet so pissed at the same time. Unplugged cable to the cradle and it was fixed.

That was a brand new cradle I just purchased new from them few weeks earlier was defective and caused.

The last 2 fell apart just literally broke in half. Nothing ever touched to the device but they call it CID customer induced damage when really it is their piss poor construction.

The POS was never designed to hold a tablet off road. Are you kidding me. The construction is little tiny smaller than eyeglass screws going into little brass inserts stuck in the plastic. The whole cradle splits in two the second you hit any rough terrain. .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Were you able to use with the plug connected? I have a 6" yxz and when i connected it wont read anything and on the cluster i get a bunch of errors... If i disconnect, everything work as normal..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts