Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this video on Facebook of an YXZ in 1st gear and idling across a field. Just thought I'd share for those that were wondering. Not much of a video but gives you an idea of how slow you can go...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it doesn't seem too bad but I'm pretty sure that we are are going to have to wait for something with a low range. While probably 80% of our riding would be fine with that gearing we just have to have the option of low range for when the going gets tough here in the Rockies.

·
Registered
348 Posts
While probably 80% of our riding would be fine with that gearing we just have to have the option of low range for when the going gets tough here in the Rockies

I agree 100% do to I have always had to geared my stuff down for this type of ridding or you have to beat the crap out of it and that's not good for the bank account.... lol

Reactions: DV8TED

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exactly! We are considered "high desert" and we have easy access to some great dune riding but we also have some pretty spectacular mountains available for exploring here in Southeast Idaho. Just hate beating the shit out of my toys if it can be avoided. However, that doesn't mean I don't use them...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hmmm, 5-6mph at idle, that's pretty high.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hmmm, 5-6mph at idle, that's pretty high.
I agree with Hose clamp, that's pretty high. In a Jeep with low range if its geared proper you might get 1-2 mph and you'll still need clutch work on technical obstacles.

Going to need low range to handle any serious trails, like those you'll find in Moab or any of the tough trails just about anywhere.

I'm sure any of the trails like those posted so far (fire roads basically) it will be just fine with some momentum.

·
Registered
128 Posts
While probably 80% of our riding would be fine with that gearing we just have to have the option of low range for when the going gets tough here in the Rockies

I agree 100% do to I have always had to geared my stuff down for this type of ridding or you have to beat the crap out of it and that's not good for the bank account.... lol
Agreed. Hopefully when they release a 4/5 seater, they'll make "1st" gear a granny gear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts