Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Can someone point to reliable info source for stages? On Eibach site I see stage 1 and 2. On ebay authorized dealers I see stage 2 and 3. Then I see stage 2 with swaybar kits ... but no stage 3 + swaybar kits. Then I read somewhere else you can't even buy stage 1 springs anymore.

It's all a bit confusing info. I want heavy duty springs (for added car weight), elimination of donkey kick in rear, BUT do NOT want the sway / body roll you get with rzr's... I absolutely do not want to turn yxz into bullshit rzr feel when I turn.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Can someone point to reliable info source for stages? On Eibach site I see stage 1 and 2. On ebay authorized dealers I see stage 2 and 3. Then I see stage 2 with swaybar kits ... but no stage 3 + swaybar kits. Then I read somewhere else you can't even buy stage 1 springs anymore.

It's all a bit confusing info. I want heavy duty springs (for added car weight), elimination of donkey kick in rear, BUT do NOT want the sway / body roll you get with rzr's... I absolutely do not want to turn yxz into bullshit rzr feel when I turn.

Bump ..... keep hope alive for reply.

·
Registered
845 Posts
You guys recommend this?
absolutely.. one of the best bang for your buck mods.. I went from stock suspension which everyone that is used to great suspension knows sucks.. donuts lead to tips.. first 30 min i was on my side.(previous buggy was custom fox 2.0 remote res dual rate set up.. donuts and drifting all day). to Weller KOH full setup.. absolutely love it, but still got on 2 wheels way too often in turns... With this Sway bar.. Your rubber sticks to the dirt.. I can do donuts all day long and stay stable now.. high speed turns no problem unless hitting a rut or reverse incline..... ... I cant attest to it.. but I bet it adds a ton even to just the stock set up...

·
Registered
845 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
My bushings now have a lot of play around the rear bar. Is there aftermarket bushings available for this bar?
How many miles did you put on the setup before the bushings showed wear?

·
Registered
845 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
I wouldn't exactly call that robust.....
yea.. Im looking for prothane or ployurethane... I called eibach.. waiting to hear back... broke a stock sway link this weekend too... just ordered ones from weller...

·
Registered
845 Posts
yea.. Im looking for prothane or ployurethane... I called eibach.. waiting to hear back... broke a stock sway link this weekend too... just ordered ones from weller...
Spoke to guy named Tanner there.. called 4x.. every time he says he will get back to me.. never does.. nice guy but doesnt follow through.. still no info on aftermarket bushings..

·
Registered
845 Posts
Finally got someone (Dave) to give me some info on bushings.. Bushing ID is 35mm.. so using that and the specs on this site EnergySuspension ... I am hoping these from Auto Zone Bushings will work out... but I bought a set from eibach ($5.40 ea) just in case. which does turn out to be Polyurethane just might not be as stiff as the set from Autozone.. stiffer and the greasing sounds like good mod...

·
Registered
681 Posts
Anyone tried these sway bars with stock suspension? I'm stock with just the tender spring kit and am wondering how they would affect cornering and body roll.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts