Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going to start adding on mine today. Rode with it stock and performed very well so probably no performance mods for a while but lots of protection coming.

Installed
30" Roctane XD
Wet Sounds Ultra 10 Stealth Sound Bar
FactoryUTV A-Arm Guards Front (Rear will require modification)

Coming Soon
Yamaha Cargo Box
Yamaha Second Battery Kit
Yamaha Switch Panel

Considering
Yamaha Front Trail Grab Bar with Winch Plate (depending on looks; I mounted the rear grab bar and it looked awful and didn't seem like it would protect anything)
Vendetta Motorsports Front and Rear Bumpers and Tree Kickers
Yamaha Full Windshield (not sure about it flipping up on the roof though)
Rekluse Clutch

Before and After the Roctanes
IMG_0092.JPG IMG_0096.JPG

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yea im iffy on the windshield. Its nice when I'm eating s*** around the house or even for winter, but I can see major problem doing even 30+ through a puddle n not being able to see after. That is my dilema.

Question. Have you used those sound bars before? Do you like it better than putting roof speaker box with 2 marine speakers such as JL audios?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea im iffy on the windshield. Its nice when I'm eating s*** around the house or even for winter, but I can see major problem doing even 30+ through a puddle n not being able to see after. That is my dilema.

Question. Have you used those sound bars before? Do you like it better than putting roof speaker box with 2 marine speakers such as JL audios?
Yeah I hear you on the windshield. I had one on my 900 that I ended up taking off after the first time and never put it back on just because I couldn't see out of it after the first 10 minutes.

As far as sound bars, this is my first one. I had a JStrong roof on the 900 that had 4 JL speakers in it that always did really well but the sound quality wasn't good (I know this is speaker related, just never got around to changing them out). I've tested out the sound bar, it sounds excellent and can get as loud as you want it. The trade off is bass though. Very little to no bass at all with this particular model. Never have heard a sound bar put out extremely good bass but I'm sure they're out there. What have you run on yours?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Let us know how it does with the 30" Roctanes. It is a great but relatively heavy tire. I would alternate between those and a 30" Silverback X-Lite on my XP900 for different seasons and worked great with clutching. Wondering how the YXZ's gearing handles the larger/heavier tire.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I built a custom box that held 2 Rockford marine 8". Powered them with a cheap 400w amp. Ran my Ipod thru it, and it would blow your hat off! Tons of good sound. Expensive speakers tho.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I used 8" Rockford marines too but used 8" PVC end caps to make waterproof pods and used roll cage clamps to mount them to the cage on my XP1K. Also used Wetsounds BT controller to amp to use wirelessly. Sounded great, looked nice and clean without taking up any space. (Easier and more expensive option, just buy the 8" Rockford wake tower speakers)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a few quick road outings on the Roctanes and I have to say I love them so far. The ride is excellent and as far as having any trouble turning them I honestly can't say I've felt any difference on flat ground. Maybe inclines could be a different story but I'll cross that bridge once I get there.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah I hear you on the windshield. I had one on my 900 that I ended up taking off after the first time and never put it back on just because I couldn't see out of it after the first 10 minutes.

As far as sound bars, this is my first one. I had a JStrong roof on the 900 that had 4 JL speakers in it that always did really well but the sound quality wasn't good (I know this is speaker related, just never got around to changing them out). I've tested out the sound bar, it sounds excellent and can get as loud as you want it. The trade off is bass though. Very little to no bass at all with this particular model. Never have heard a sound bar put out extremely good bass but I'm sure they're out there. What have you run on yours?
Don't have any experience with UTV speakers but I have had plenty of boats with many different speakers. My favorite have always been JL Audio I was thinking of waiting until someone made box to fit some. I would also like to see how good that yamaha speaker box is. Im not trying to be a rolling concert like my boats so I don't need the loudest thing out there just enough to hear it over the motor with exhaust

·
Supporting Vendor
15 Posts
Don't have any experience with UTV speakers but I have had plenty of boats with many different speakers. My favorite have always been JL Audio I was thinking of waiting until someone made box to fit some. I would also like to see how good that yamaha speaker box is. Im not trying to be a rolling concert like my boats so I don't need the loudest thing out there just enough to hear it over the motor with exhaust

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the Yamaha / SSV Works audio system. Happy to help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do you have any pics of the SSV speaker pods installed? The video never showed them that I saw, the only thing I saw was the controller plate.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got my Wet Sounds Stealth 10 Ultra installed and out this past weekend. I have to say it is exactly what I expected. The sound quality/level were absolutely phenomenal. Rode all weekend and never once was displeased with it, but the bass was very low as expected. I must say the installation wasn't quite what I thought it was going to be. This bar simply will not work on the front top bar of the roll cage. Not that it won't mount, it is simply to big and blocks the drivers view. If this is where you'd like to have one mounted, I would suggest getting a model that is less wide that can fit in the middle like a rear-view mirror would. When I get a chance, I'll get some pictures and get them uploaded of the setup.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Very interested in seeing how this pans out with the larger tires and extra weight of all that stuff you plan to add on once you try anything remotely difficult. I have an idea what will happen but hey its your horse ride it how you want.

Subscribed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Jarod, I hope you enjoy the Sound Bar. I had one and sold it because of low bass. When driving my Maverick at speeds 20 mph and up , I had to crank the volume up to hear over the engine noise and all that tweet was hurting my ears. I put a small kicker amp powering two cheap marine 8" cans. My new system does not get as loud as the Stealth 10, but IDC because now there is bass, which I can hear it at lower levels.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very interested in seeing how this pans out with the larger tires and extra weight of all that stuff you plan to add on once you try anything remotely difficult. I have an idea what will happen but hey its your horse ride it how you want.

Subscribed.
Obviously not all of the components have been put on yet but the major one (tires) has and I haven't seen much difference at all. Just climbed a verrryy tough hill this week and the only thing that gave me issue was having to clutch out at the top on a super steep incline. With the amount of power this thing has, it hasn't slowed it at all yet. Now to see if it will affect wear on parts at all.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jarod, I hope you enjoy the Sound Bar. I had one and sold it because of low bass. When driving my Maverick at speeds 20 mph and up , I had to crank the volume up to hear over the engine noise and all that tweet was hurting my ears. I put a small kicker amp powering two cheap marine 8" cans. My new system does not get as loud as the Stealth 10, but IDC because now there is bass, which I can hear it at lower levels.
Yeah that was something I was worried about as well but not hearing much bass doesn't bother me a bit. I'd rather have sound clarity and noise level so I enjoy it. But this is definitely an area where everyone has their own preferences.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts