Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

Yxz won’t build rpms. PLEASE HELP

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Yxz1000r head 
#1 ·
I have a 2018 yxz 1000r se it’s got about 1020 miles on it. Graves tune, full trinity, block off plates. Riding the other day I seen the temp hit 234. Probably nothing to do with this but after that, it is sluggish. Doesn’t have the extremely high start up idle like normal. It’ll rev to 10500 rpm with the clutch in, but takes longer then usual. And absolutely cannot get rpms to build quick and higher then 8k. Extremely sluggish, already changed air filters, coil packs, plugs. No check engine light... clutch doesn’t slip just can’t get the rpms to build or build fast.

#6 ·
What? So you want help some one gives you a good suggestion to do a compression/leak down check and you agree decide not to do it throw a bunch of parts at it and sill don't what's wrong with it and you give up?

#7 ·
I was looking for help a week ago, spent a couple days trying, replacing stuff, checking stuff, minus the basics, I don’t have the tools to go in-depth In the motor or a diagnostic tool to watch readings, sounds like your but hurt bc I asked for some help and ending up not wanting to throw money at it left and right, I appreciate the help, but I don’t want it turning into a money pit either. I have enough of those. And I don’t have the stuff to do a leak down test either. But if I can role out some stuff that I can just do here at the house I will. Comes a time where you let an expert deal with it. I’ve called so many dealerships on advice none of them have heard nor seen this problem before. But hey thanks!

#9 ·
I'm not but hurt and you already threw a bunch of money at it without properly diagnosing the problem. You can usually barrow a compression/leak down tester for free from most auto parts stores through their tool borrowing programs. Also you got very good suggestions that would cost little or nothing to check from people here that took the time to try help you maybe next time try some of their suggestions before you spend money guessing at the problem.
Peace

#10 ·
I am having the same issues and thought I had figured it out by replacing the ignition coils. This weekend at some dunes we went for an epic ride the first morning with it running perfect, parked for a couple of hours, and feels like the engine is de-powering itself and sounds muffled. Backfires occasionally but very similar to this original post

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.