Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is a mystery. I still can't help but wonder.....
WHY doesn't some vendor come out with a high output rewound stator for this thing???
It wouldn't be hard to do, and would be SO much better than hanging an external alternator!
Amazing that there were rewound stator (i.e.: Ricky Stator) options for many of the high performance quads back in the day.

Wish there were some entity out there that could make this happen for the YXZ!
Would be a huge seller I'm sure.

This is a mystery. I still can't help but wonder.....
WHY doesn't some vendor come out with a high output rewound stator for this thing???
It wouldn't be hard to do, and would be SO much better than hanging an external alternator!
Amazing that there were rewound stator (i.e.: Ricky Stator) options for many of the high performance quads back in the day.

Wish there were some entity out there that could make this happen for the YXZ!
Would be a huge seller I'm sure.
It's been discussed and Ricky Stator specifically was contacted. They said there wasn't enough room to make any improvements.

From what I can tell. It has same or better charging already than most of the SxS out now. They just give an option for the people that get carried away with lighting and stereo's.
It's been discussed and Ricky Stator specifically was contacted. They said there wasn't enough room to make any improvements.
Well that's a bummer! Wonder how hard they tried before giving up?

Thanks, looking at adding to run pumper system
If that's the only accessory that you are going to be running, the alt. kit would not be necessary. The pumper only draws about 3.5 amps and your stock system will handle that with no problem. The only issues reported with the alternator kit has been oil seal leaks. If you chose to go this route for future power sucking projects I would only stress to follow the install very closely and to the letter on the install to minimize the chance of a seal leak and do NOT over tighten the belt . Worst case outcome,you would need to go back and snug up the belt tension a bit. Not a hard install, just a very deliberate order of install instructions to assure proper shaft alinement, good luck , I'm sure you will not have any problems. As a upgrade to the kit you may consider the hard pipe relocation oil lines from Towerworks a supporting vendor to the site .

Ok I'll bite what's a pumper system?

Ok I'll bite what's a pumper system?
Pump setup that feeds filtered air to the helmets of driver/passenger. Very useful for dusty driving.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.