Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, where are the videos of the yxz100R turbo's? The kits has been available since before it was released to the public. I'm surprised there are no videos showing this thing performing with the turbo installed.

The only video I could find is this one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes, it makes me wonder if the dyno numbers are coming up a little bit short of the mark. ??

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
As the title says, where are the videos of the yxz100R turbo's? The kits has been available since before it was released to the public. I'm surprised there are no videos showing this thing performing with the turbo installed.

The only video I could find is this one.

Yeah, that's captain bitch-slap-the-shifter doing the honors there.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was wondering the same thing...where are all the turbos? Are the turbo kits simply not available? Or is it that no one is buying them? I would think a lot of them would be out in the wild by now....and yet...nothing.

Bring on the Turbos!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Nobody has released their turbo for sale yet. Just that simple. MPI has, I think , 100 units ready to go but they're waiting on the charge pipes that are being held up by insurance adjusters. The truck delivering the hoses got into an accident and the rig went to impound. That's just real dumb luck right there. For them and for a lot of us on the list :{

·
Registered
47 Posts
So do you think they will be shipping dozens of kits with no dyno testing?

Why no dyno charts to advertise with?

Why didn't Alba Dyno the one they had completely assembled?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nobody has released their turbo for sale yet. Just that simple. MPI has, I think , 100 units ready to go but they're waiting on the charge pipes that are being held up by insurance adjusters. The truck delivering the hoses got into an accident and the rig went to impound. That's just real dumb luck right there. For them and for a lot of us on the list :{
I did recieve a call about pre order. Only low boost is going to be available. They said maybe by January or Feb higher boost will be ready. I do think heat is the problem. With sleds your running at 10 to 20 degree's and with multiple runs they get hot. I think with higher HP, at 100 degree temps, Cooling will be the problem. I know that motor in a sled makes 280 with no problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would be nice to see some vendors respond. Whats the issues guys? Yamaha has kept this thing a secret long enough.

To tell the truth I'm annoyed with the all the secrecy around the 4 seater and turbo release. They need to let the people know what will be available.We will buy it and wait for it, just give us a clue on what the hell is coming, turbo/4 seater? Taking all the fun out of it with the waiting game. Dumb move by Yamaha in my opinion

·
Registered
83 Posts
Would be nice to see some vendors respond. Whats the issues guys? Yamaha has kept this thing a secret long enough.

To tell the truth I'm annoyed with the all the secrecy around the 4 seater and turbo release. They need to let the people know what will be available.We will buy it and wait for it, just give us a clue on what the hell is coming, turbo/4 seater? Taking all the fun out of it with the waiting game. Dumb move by Yamaha in my opinion
Seems like all the manufacturers are secretive about what's in development or about what may be coming next. If Yamaha came out right now and said we are releasing a four seat turbo next year or we are redesigning our clutch and tranny set up or anything of that nature sales of the current model year would seriously suffer. A buddy of mine bought a RZR Jagged X edition.A couple months later the XP 1000 was introduced and it was priced lower than the Jagged X 900. No way he would've purchased that Jagged X if he had known the XP1K was being released right around the corner. Manufacturers aren't dumb.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Making it happen @ Boost-It!

Hard to Imagine anyone hanging an overpriced exhaust system on the tail of their YXZ when they could have THIS!

·
Registered
148 Posts
we got cars testing under boost right now and parts being machined and welded already for production. Come to Glamis for Halloween and get all the spy pics and video you want. ?

·
Registered
286 Posts
for the ones that wont be at glamis why dont you post some info on your system and show us why yours is the shit , even weller just posted theirs testing .

ghettosled : we got cars testing under boost right now and parts being machined and welded already for production. Come to Glamis for Halloween and get all the spy pics and video you want. ��

·
Registered
485 Posts

Yamaha is not going to release a factory installed turbo. That is why you have the MPI system that retains factory warranty. Yamaha has given you the platform to build on.

MPI advertises the hp on the low boost kit. I imagine all the other turbo makers are still testing and developing the kits as many did not get there hands on a YXZ right away.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Yamaha is not going to release a factory installed turbo. That is why you have the MPI system that retains factory warranty. Yamaha has given you the platform to build on.

MPI advertises the hp on the low boost kit. I imagine all the other turbo makers are still testing and developing the kits as many did not get there hands on a YXZ right away.
yeah, the low boost kits will be around 155-160 hp. depending of size of turbo's

·
Registered
265 Posts
YXZ looked pretty quick in that video.

Now you need to get that rear suspension tuned so you can put the power to the ground

1 - 20 of 31 Posts