Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

My name is Phil, I work for VerticalScope.com, the same group that runs ATV .com. VerticalScope recently acquired yxztalk.com and will be taking over the management duties of the forum. Your familiar moderator and admin team will be the same people helping with the day to day forum management. We will primarily manage the technical functions of the site and support the mod team. Maintaining continuity as well as the spirit of the site is important to us. This means that little about the site will change for you the user while we continue to grow the community.

Over the next few days you will notice me on the site and as well as members of our support team. While we get to know the landscape of the forum and how things work will will be on hand to answer questions and get to know the unique needs of this community.

I will be working closely with the Admin/Mod team on ways we can help improve the order of things here and raise the level of your experience on yxztalk.com.

If you have questions please let me know, I will do my best to answer you all as quickly and thoroughly as I can.

-Philip

·
Administrator
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both sites where owned by the same company before. Both sites are still owned by the same company. Not sure what you mean?
-Philip

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
My biggest issue is to make sure the people that constantly make negative comments need to be controlled or removed.
I have had other brands of SxS but I dont go on the site with brands I dont care for. Nothing good to say then do go on there.

·
Administrator
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
"If you are interested in helping out I am happy to discuss this with you."

I am open to it but can you PM me what the expectations & requirements are.

·
Administrator
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
YXZ is not only a different brand and make than RZR but also another community. I am glad you found your home here.
-Philip

·
Registered
582 Posts
I can help mod some as well, I'm all for constructive criticism but the monotonous bashing here has me ready to leave. I have yet to see or hear of a mod taking action here.

·
Administrator
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just got here. Still getting to know the landscape here but do plan to sort out some mods on the site. We are open to nominations and self nominations for mods on the site.
-Philip

·
Registered
614 Posts
I just got here. Still getting to know the landscape here but do plan to sort out some mods on the site. We are open to nominations and self nominations for mods on the site.
-Philip
Make sure you vet your mods well, JFK over on your RZR Forum is real happy to delete and or edit and censor any negative posts about his beloved Polaris's. I personally think this happens because of all the free machines and swag that Polaris provides to him. I think that is a poor practice. if mods spent their own money on their machines they would be far more objective and fair. A lot of the stuff needs to be said to aid the consumer in making educated dissisions

·
Registered
126 Posts
Make sure you vet your mods well, JFK over on your RZR Forum is real happy to delete and or edit and censor any negative posts about his beloved Polaris's. I personally think this happens because of all the free machines and swag that Polaris provides to him. I think that is a poor practice. if mods spent their own money on their machines they would be far more objective and fair. A lot of the stuff needs to be said to aid the consumer in making educated dissisions
Yes what YXZSS said.

·
Registered
341 Posts
JFK at RZR Forums has wiped his ass with thousands of people across the country, that guy has no business being a moderator. He bans people for life simple because he doesnt like them personally, not because of any actual forum infractions. The guy is like a stalker over there, its ridiculous.

Get people who are lovers of the sport, not people who are fanatical about a certain brand to the exclusion of everything else.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I second this. The RZR forum, hands down is the worst of the SXS forums. The sensorship over there defeats the purpose of the forum. I own a RZR and wish I owned a YXZ and have no desire to read let alone contribute on that forum.

I'm all for monitoring but not censorship like what goes on at rzrforums.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts